Box Braids Wash Update

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Hey Hairgineers,

It’s been 4 weeks of box braids installation, here is another update on my braids wash. I washed my braids on the 20th Sept 2014, prior to my wash day I had to loosen all the braids around the edge area because I didn’t want them pulling out my natural due to tension from trying various styles or matting as my edge hair is quick to matting.

Hair Product Crew used
 Products used
- Shampoo: Crème of Nature Argon Oil Sulphate-free Moisture & Shine Shampoo.
-Conditioner: Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair for Damaged Hair (I left this in for 3mins before washing).
-Deep Conditioner: Elasta Q-P DPR-11 Deep penetrating re-moisturizing conditioner+ ORS Hair Mayonnaise + Nutiva Organic Extra Virgin Coconut oil + Vegetable Glycerine. I  stayed under the steamer for 20mins before washing.
Leave-in: My braid mix (S-curl Moisturizer + Water + Vegetable Glycerine) and Neutrogena Triple Moisture Leave-in.
I allowed my hair to partially air dry before applying my braids leave-in, and then sealed with Coconut oil.

Braids tucked in a Steam cap ready for Deep Conditioning
Deep Conditioning under a steamer
Regimen I followed
I mentioned in my previous post that I had to switch from moisturizing my hair everyday to every other day, and this is what I continued with; moisturizing my hair every other day and some days waited 3 days before moisturizing and sealing.

My Observations
After washing my braids my roots had grown bout ½ inches and now looked untidy. The braids also felt very heavy when wet and took forever to dry, the tips were still damp the following day (blame the Expression unit i used.)

I have one more week to keep my installation in and I am excited to loosen and run my hands through my natural hair (how I have missed thou).

My braids removal day will be 29th September 2014, when I will share my braids take-out pictures, amount of shed hair, hair status and my final words on Box Braids as a protective style, keep a date with me.

Become my friend, I’ll like to hear from you on your wash days.

Hairgineer Oyk.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

About blog

The purpose for establishing this blog is to provide highly practical tips, top quality tutorials and methods to achieve healthy hair.

Featured post

Crochet Braids---Healthy way for Braids Installation.

Happy New year Hairgineers, I will like to apologize for the long absence and lacks of blog posts uploads, this has been due to the fact t...