Benefits of HENNA

Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Hi Hairgineers,

I have known about henna since i was a young girl, it is called Lali in my local dilet. I didn't give Henna any taughts until I started my healthy hair journey and read the many benefits of henna to hair. I also didn't want to use just any henna as there are so many adulterated ones out there.

I finally decided to play with it over the weekend after reading tons of reviews, I also wanted to do something different to my hair.

A LITTLE BRIEF ON HENNA

Henna, lawsonia inermis, is a plant. It is a tree that grows in hot, dry climate. Henna is used to keep hair healthy as well as color gray hair. Henna leaves are harvested, dried and powdered. When mixed with a mildly acidic liquid, henna will stain skin, hair and fingernails reddish-orange.

The highest dye content henna, the best five percent of the crop, is powdered and finely sifted to make designs on skin, such as are used in Africa, North Africa, Middle East and South Asia.
This is the body quality art (BQA) henna. Body art quality is wonderful for your hair because the fine powdering and shifting make it rinse out easily, and will dye hair a richer colour.

MANY BENEFITS OF HENNA FOR HAIR

---Henna revives hair.
Trust henna to revive your hair's health if you've subjected your hair to stress.

---Helps fine limp hair.
With continuous application it brings volume to your hair (Looking forward to this)

---Henna softens curl pattern of coarse hair.
For heavily coarse hair, henna can soften the curl pattern making it hang loosely downwards.(happens after several applications, though some people might not experience this).

---Helps with Dandruff
Henna has antibacterial and antifungal properties, thus, with constant use of Henna, say bye to dandruff.

---Henna conditions hair.

---Henna can be used for protein treatment.
Henna is not protein but it does transfer certain benefits that are found in protein treatment to hair.

MY APPLICATION AND RESULT.

I poured half of the pack (50g) into an aluminium bowl, i used a bowl that I could easily discard if the henna fails to come off. (Henna stain is hard to wash off). Mixed with hot water to a form a paste (be careful not to add to much water so it does not become watery), covered with a nylon and left for 6 hours.

Jamila Henna

Henna after 6 hours
After 6 hours, I sectioned my hair into four parts and applied henna to each section making sure the henna coated as much hair strands as possible. I then covered with a shower cap and a silk bonnet and went to bed.
Henna treatment the following morning.
The following morning I washed my hair over the sink. I covered the sink with a nylon to prevent the sink from henna staining it (oil too can be applied over your sink to prevent stains.)
Covered sink for henna wash
I further did some washing in the shower during bath to further remove henna that might be left.
Henna Result


MY THOUGHTS.

I really did like the outcome of my henna treatment, my hair feels stronger, I do agree with the protein treatment like benefits.

I was hoping to have a really popping reddish colour to my hair but unfortunately it shows faintly when light bounces on my hair, I believe after several applications it will be prominent.

Have you tried Henna? share your thoughts

Hairgineer Oyk.




    You Might Also Like

    0 comments

    About blog

    The purpose for establishing this blog is to provide highly practical tips, top quality tutorials and methods to achieve healthy hair.

    Featured post

    Crochet Braids---Healthy way for Braids Installation.

    Happy New year Hairgineers, I will like to apologize for the long absence and lacks of blog posts uploads, this has been due to the fact t...